Do you want to feel better, have more energy, be stronger, more flexible, balanced and live longer? If you answered “yes” to even one of these questions then exercise is your answer. It’s time for some personal training!
The health benefits of regular physical exercise are well documented. However, many people find it difficult to start or maintain an exercise program. Let one of our Colorado Springs personal trainers at Great Moves Physical Therapy motivate you, teach you, and help you reach your exercise and health goals.
Great Moves is not your typical gym and your personal training sessions are anything but ordinary. Our personal trainers specialize in body weight work-outs that do not place heavy loads on your joints. This allows you to attain satisfactory results safely and enjoyably. Contact us to schedule your first free personal training consultation:
Benefits of personal training
- Weight loss and control
- Decreases your chance of a heart attack
- Fights Osteoporosis
- Improves mood
- Boosts your energy level
- Promotes better sleep
- Improved functional activities
The nice thing about our personal training services is how they nicely dove tail into our physical therapy services. If you’ve been injured or recovering from another medical condition, physical therapy may help you restore function but personal training can take you further to enhance performance with strength, flexibility, and form.
Our personal training services are available for men and women of all ages. Regardless what your fitness goal is, we have the training and experience to guide you through the proper exercises and stretches to help you achieve your goal. There really is no substitute for having a trained eye watch you through your exercise motions. So, you owe it to yourself to contact Great Moves and schedule a personal consultation with one of personal trainers today. You’ll be glad you did.
Learn about our golf fitness program
At Great Moves Physical Therapy, we’ve invested in a state-of-the-art indoor golf simulator. This allows you to hit full golf shots indoors any time of the year, any time of the day. This also allows you to be observed by a therapist or personal trainer who is specifically trained to help people restore or improve their golf performance.
The program is appropriate for people of all ages, fitness levels, and skill levels. Even if you’re a low handicapper, our golf fitness program is a great tool to refine your swing to not only improve performance but reduce injury. For the high handicapper, our golf fitness program helps you hit the ball more consistently and safely, again, aiming to reduce your chance of injury which will allow you to enjoy the game for many more years.
Our golf fitness program is intended to augment any training or coaching you may already be receiving from a coach or PGA pro. In fact, we encourage you to invite them along so they can get a better understanding of how we can monitor and provide video feedback for areas of the golf swing that may be weak or potentially harmful to long-term physical health.
Watch this video interview with Colorado Springs personal trainer, Aaron Andrus, about how the golf fitness program at Great Moves Physical Therapy can help your golf game:
Your coach or pro is there to help you improve your golf score. We’re there to help you improve your golf fitness.
How to Choose the Right Personal Trainer
If you want to get fit and build good muscle tone, hiring a personal trainer can be a wise decision. A good trainer can help you develop a fitness program that can help you reach your goals and give you proper guidance on how to work out. Choosing a personal trainer is a situation that should be handled carefully. If your trainer is not knowledgeable, you risk getting injured during the training. Ideally, you want to choose a qualified and committed trainer who can help you achieve the desired outcome. Choosing the right trainer can be a bit confusing and, for some people, intimidating. But if you have the right information, you will find it easy to choose the right trainer for you. Here’s what to look for when deciding on personal trainer.
- Credentials – Make sure you ask about a trainer’s credentials. There are many personal trainer certification programs. It is important to choose a trainer who has a reputable certification and preferably, a college degree in the physical education, exercise science and fitness field. Accreditation by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) is what you should look for.
- Experience – When it comes to choosing a personal trainer for your fitness program, background is important. Inquire about the years of experience a trainer has working with clients. You should look for a trainer who has sufficient experience working with clients. And don’t be forget to ask for the trainer’s track record.
- Cost – This can vary among different trainers. Find out how much the trainer charges, and be realistic about how many sessions you’ll need to reach your goals. Rates vary depending on the length of training, the trainer’s credentials, expertise and experience, and the location where the training sessions take place. Often times, you can get a better rate if you negotiate properly.
- Professionalism – Before entering into a contract, find out what kind of professional behavior a trainer has. Make sure that the trainer listens to you carefully. You don’t want to work with a trainer who doesn’t care about your concerns and needs. A good trainer should know that every client is different and will create a program based on the individual needs of each client. A good trainer should be honest about your progress and help you set realistic goals.
- References – Ask the trainer for testimonials and contact information of other clients that has worked with. It makes sense to choose a trainer who has other clients that have goals that are similar to yours. Call those clients to know if they are satisfied with their workouts, experiences and results. Ask whether the trainer was punctual, prepared and professional.
In general, having a trainer can be a great way to make your exercise program more enjoyable, effective and targeted to your fitness needs. A good personal trainer will assess your fitness level, find out what you are trying to accomplish, design a suitable program for you and keep you motivated. The trainer will track your progress and provide the right guidance to help you achieve the results you want. It is important to research properly before hiring a personal trainer to make sure that you choose the expertise you are looking for. Once you choose the right trainer, you can rest assured that your investment will pay off well and that you will be on the right track to reaching your fitness goals.
Have more questions about personal training? Ask a certified personal trainer at Great Moves
To schedule appointments and your free personal training consultation at Great Moves Physical Therapy, simply call 719-477-6870. You’ll be scheduled to meet with a certified personal trainer who is equipped and experienced to help people of all ages and fitness levels. Your personal training is always tailored to what’s best for you to achieve your fitness goals whether it be flexibility, strength, stamina, balance, or athletic performance.