Here at Great Moves Physical Therapy in Colorado Springs CO, we understand how pain, immobility, and other illnesses can adversely affect your life. We can evaluate and treat most neuromuscular medical conditions and injuries. We can also help with post-surgical recovery. Ultimately, the goal is getting you better everyday! … so you can get back to living life to its fullest!
There are various reasons why people may benefit physical therapy (or PT). Some people suffer from serious injuries and need professional help with recovering. Others have illnesses that have caused physical difficulties. Regardless of why you might need physical therapy, our team of experienced physical therapists can help you every step of the way. Schedule your free initial consultation today:
Conditions We Treat with PT
Common medical conditions we can evaluate and treat include:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Hip pain
- Pain in the hip, legs or feet
- Parkinson’s disease
- Pelvic pain
- Women’s health, including pre- and post-partum therapy or help with incontinence
- Recovery after a total joint replacement or other type of surgery
- Joint pain
- Recovery after a car accident or other accident
- Recovery from sports-related injuries
Do I Need a Doctor’s Referral?
Colorado is a Direct Access state. This means you can see a physical therapist for first line of care for a new injury. We have the training and experience to evaluate neuromuscular conditions and prescribe treatment. Of course, we work with many medical doctors and surgeons for followup rehab care. Contact your insurance provider for coverage details.
What You Can Expect from Us
At Great Moves, you’re never seen by a tech or aid. You always get highly personalized care from a certified specialist. During your consultation, one of our trained and experienced professionals will sit down with you to talk to you about what’s going on. They will ask you about the pain that you have been experiencing and the physical limitations that you are dealing with. We will also look over and talk about any findings that your doctor might have found while treating you, if applicable. This will likely be followed by a medical exam to help determine the cause of your ailment.
Once we are more aware of what you are dealing with, we will then focus on coming up with a plan for your physical therapy. We do not have a one-size-fits-all approach here; instead, we focus on determining what each individual needs. Depending on our findings, we may suggest that you seek treatment frfom a doctor along with physical therapy. Then, we will work on coming up with the right physical therapy approach for your treatment.
What Are the Benefits of Physical Therapy?
There are many benefits of working with a certified physical therapist. These are just some of the many benefits of physical therapy:
- Enjoy Improved Mobility – One main problem that many people find when recovering from an injury or illness is that their mobility isn’t where it used to be. You might find that it’s difficult for you to even move your legs, for example, much less to walk. You could find that your everyday life is affected and that you are no longer able to work or do the same things that you have always done. One of our top goals in physical therapy is to help you enjoy improved mobility over time. This can help you slowly get back to enjoying your life in the way that you always have.
- Decreased Pain – If you are recovering from an injury, there is a chance that you are in a lot of pain. What a lot of people do not realize is that physical therapy can actually help with your pain. For example, we may use electrical stimulation treatments or ultrasounds to help provide you with pain relief and to help accelerate your success in physical therapy.
- Maintain Fitness – After an injury, it can be common to get out of shape. Also, a lot of people find that they lose their fitness as they get older. This is something that we work hard to fight. We will help you perform exercises that will help you heal and improve while also helping to maintain your fitness levels as much as possible.
- Maintain Independence – As some people get older or if they find themselves dealing with injuries or illnesses, they might find that they lose a lot of their independence. If you would prefer to be as independent as possible rather than relying on living in a nursing home or having someone help you with day-to-day tasks, physical therapy can help. We can assist you in slowly but surely regaining your ability to do everyday things. In the meantime, we can help teach you how to cope with your limitations and how to continue doing things, perhaps in a new way, until you are able to get all of your mobility back.
- Injury Prevention – your specialist will promote and encourage a long-term healthy lifestyle. This may include diet, exercise, rest, and more. The goal is to help avert future problems and re-injury.
What We Do for You
More and more, physical therapy is becoming a first line of care for many injuries and medical conditions. At Great Moves Physical Therapy, we:
- evaluate, diagnose and treat
- develop customized exercise programs while in the clinic and for home
- offer treatments that are supported by the most up-to-date scientific research
- custom foot orthotics casting and fabrication
- athletic and ‘Kinesio-taping’
- hands-on manual therapy treatment
- 1-to-1 treatments without the use of aides or techs
Related Blog Article:
> Physical Therapy History: When Was PT Invented?
Physical Therapy Programs
We use different programs for different patients. For example, for those who are looking to regain mobility and get in some exercise without as much of a risk of falling and without as much pressure on the joint, we have an anti-gravity treadmill. This is the perfect choice for athletes who want to stay in shape while they are recovering from injuries, individuals who want to exercise more without putting as much of a strain on their joints and those who suffer from a lot of joint pain.
We also have various programs for those who are in the midst of preparing for surgery or those who are recovering from surgeries. For example, those who are preparing for joint replacement surgeries can work with us to maintain their fitness before their surgery without making their joint pain worse. Then, one of our physical therapists will work with these individuals to help them regain mobility and recover from pain as soon as possible after having surgery done.
We do happen to work with a lot of athletes. Those who are looking for advice in preventing injuries can work with us now. This can be a good way to be proactive to preserve your health, mobility and athletic ability. A lot of people who are injured from sports-related injuries also like our programs because they allow them to stay active and fit without making their injuries worse. Instead, they can focus on healing so that they can return to their favorite sports as soon as possible without putting themselves at too much of a risk.
What Does Physical Therapy Cost?
Generally, PT costs less than other invasive medical services. Surgery and medicines can get quite expensive. In many cases, physical medicine and rehabilitation is covered by most insurances. Contact your provider for coverage details.
How to Get a Physical Therapy Appointment
We work with countless number of doctors and surgeons to provide their patients physical therapy in Colorado Springs. It is very common to get a physicians referral to see a physical therapist for rehabilitative care. But again, Colorado is a Direct Access state, so you can see a physical therapist without a doctor’s referral. If you have a question about who you should see for an injury or medical condition, contact our office. We’ll make sure you get the right care from the right medical specialist.