Next time you head out to play nine holes at the golf course, try these nine exercises:
- Warm Up: Always warm up before you go out and play. Walk, jog, or do something for 10 minutes
- Posture Check: Club along your spine, and head behind the ball. This is your posture at set-up, back swing, and through impact.
- Lunge and Turn: Club across your shoulders. Step forward with eyes focused forward. Rotate towards the leg. Repeat each side 3x.
- Slow Motion Swing: Feel every move of the golf swing. Take 20-30 seconds from the start of the swing to the finish.
- Swoosh: For hand/eye coordination and depth perception put your feet together and “swoosh” your wedge at a piece of grass.
- Finish Pose: Hold your finish pose with belt buckle towards the target, eyes to the target, and good balance on the outside of your target-side foot.
- Pre-Shot Routine: Have a pre-shot routine that is consistent with every shot you take.
- Go Right Brain: Take a deep breath, relax, and create. Spend less than 5 seconds over the ball once your club is set.
- FIND YOUR TARGET. FIND YOUR GREAT MOVES!
Want to ‘tune-up’ your golf swing and get into prime golf shape? We offer golf performance services at Great Moves to complement your golf lessons. In fact, you can take advantage of our indoor golf simulator year round. Give us a call or schedule an appointment to talk to a golf therapist at Great Moves today.